The purpose & scope
1.To assist in determining the following major problems of all gauging systems used throughout the manufacturing process
2.To furnish a comparison of the accurracy of one measuring device against another
3.Why is the accuracy of the gauge wrong?
- Measurement errors
- Incorrect usage
- Equipment variation
4.The factors of the gauge system error
- The difference between the observed average of measurements and the true average of the same measurements.
- Using the highest precision measuring device to get the true average.
- The amount of variation in the gauge when the same parts and part characteristics are measured several times by the same person.
- The amount of variation in the average of the measurements when different people use the same gauge on the same parts and part characteristics.
- The periodic variations that occur due to enviromental changes,power fluctuations, wear or deterioration of the gauge .